OU track and field: 11 Sooners take home All-America honors at NCAA Outdoor Championships

• 0
Men's 60 meter hurdles

Competitors approah the first hurdle in the men's 60 meter hurdles. The Sooners hosted the J.D. Martin Invitational meet at the Mosier Indoor Track and Field facility on Jan. 27 and 28, 2017.

Oklahoma closed out days three and four of competition in the NCAA Outdoor Championships in Eugene, Oregon, on Friday and Saturday. 

The men’s track and field team concluded competition Friday evening with a national runner-up, three first team All-Americans and four second team All-Americans.

Redshirt junior Isiah Levingston capped off his season with a runner up finish in the men’s 400-meter hurdles event, clocking in at 48.49 seconds — his personal best. 

Redshirt junior Vernon Turner garnered first team All-America honors in the men’s high jump. Turner cleared a 7-2.5 (2.20 m) en route to a tie for fifth place. The first team All-America honor is the fourth of Turner’s career. 

In the men’s 4-x-400 meter relay, freshman Salim Epps, senior Demarius Smith, senior Rayvon Allen and Levingston earned second team All America honors after a 3 minutes, 7.47 seconds time in their semifinal race. 

Redshirt junior Jelaani Davis finished his NCAA Championships debut with a 17th place finish in the men’s triple jump. Davis cleared a 51-7 (15.72 m) to finish the night. 

The OU women’s track and field team completed its competition Saturday night, garnering four All-America honors. 

Junior Madison Langley-Walker earned two of the four accolades, receiving second team All America honors in the women’s 400-meter hurdles and high jump events. Langley Walker clocked in at 58.15 seconds in hurdles and cleared a height of 5-11.25 (1.81 m) in the long jump to finish in 12th and 11th place, respectively. 

Sophomore Mikeisha Welcome cleared a 43-10.75 (13.38 m) for a second team All-America honor and an 11th place finish in the women’s triple jump event. 

In track, junior Kennedy Blackmon finished with a 23.37 second time in the semifinals of the 200-meter dash. Blackmon finished with second team All-America honors. 

The Sooners that are qualified for the Olympic Trials will compete on June 18-27 in Eugene, Oregon. 

Editor's Note: This article was updated at 8:47 a.m. on June 14 to reflect the proper spelling of Rayvon Allen's name. The Daily apologizes for this error.