Curbside Chronicle's 'Wrap Up Homelessness' drive features wrapping paper designed by local artists, benefits homeless community

• 0
Curbside Chronicle

Curbside Chronicle is hosting an annual wrapping paper drive called Wrap Up Homelessness.

Curbside Chronicle’s annual wrapping paper drive, Wrap Up Homelessness, is back this holiday season to raise awareness about homelessness and benefit the local homeless community.

Wrap Up Homelessness is a holiday campaign that sells wrapping paper designed by local artists. It was created by The Curbside Chronicle, a street magazine that employs people transitioning out of homelessness in Oklahoma City.

This season’s wrapping paper will feature the designs of Wayne Coyne, frontman for the Flaming Lips.

“This holiday season, you can give a gift that gives back to the community and makes real, meaningful impact in the lives of people transitioning out of homelessness,” said Ranya Forgotson, executive director of The Curbside Chronicle in a press release sent to The Daily.

The wrapping paper drive helped 41 people end their homelessness last year, Forgotson said in the release.

Ten additional Oklahoma artists have also designed wrapping paper for this year’s drive. The 11 designs available were created by Coyne; Kris KanalyKatelynn Knick, an OU graduate who studied painting and sculpture; Aditi PanchalJUURI, a Japanese-American street artist; Marissa RaglinBetty RefourEmily HammTony ThunderArjan Jager, a design researcher focused on urban environments; and a Curbside vendor.

Wayne Coyne packages are on sale for $20 while the other Oklahoma artist-designed packages are priced at $10-15. Each package of wrapping paper features five different holiday designs.

All of the designs available for purchase can be viewed online.

The paper used to transform these artist’s designs into wrapping paper was printed locally on paper made in the United States. All proceeds from the wrapping paper purchased in Wrap Up Homelessness goes toward the magazine’s mission of helping end homelessness in Oklahoma City.

Wrap Up Homelessness wrapping paper can be purchased directly from Curbside Chronicle vendors in Oklahoma City or online. The Curbside Chronicle is located at 1724 NW 4th St. in Oklahoma City.

Orders made on or after Dec. 18 are not guaranteed to arrive in time for Christmas. More information is available at the Wrap Up Homelessness website.