OU women's gymnastics: Movie based on K.J. Kindler's national championship teams

• 1
Nichols on beam (copy)

Junior Maggie Nichols performs her beam routine at the 2019 Women's National Collegiate Gymnastics Championship in Fort Worth, Texas April 20.

The OU women’s gymnastics team continued its dynasty with an undefeated 2019 season that was capped off by the squad’s fourth national championship in the last five seasons.

Now, there is reportedly going to be a fictional film based on the team and former star Brenna Dowell, according to The Norman Transcript.

Jeff Deverett and Barbara Hopkins of Deverett Media are currently searching for experienced actors for “Full Out 2,” a film inspired by K.J. Kindler’s reigning national championship squad.

“We decided to choose (OU), because they just won another national championship,” Hopkins told the Norman Transcript. “What better way to reward such an outstanding university and an outstanding program, than to make our next gymnastics movie about their program and some of their gymnasts?”

Casting director Chris Freihofer is currently holding auditions in Norman until Thursday, July 18, and callbacks will be brought back on July 23. The movie will reportedly be filmed in Norman throughout the month of August, with actors receiving $250 dollars per day of work. 

The film is a sequel to Deverett and Hopkins’ original “Full Out” movie and will take place as the OU women’s gym is gearing up for the national championship meet.

The story will take a turn when Dowell, one of the team’s stars, decides to quit the team to chase her Olympic dreams. Still in pursuit of defeating some of the nation’s best teams, the remaining gymnasts need to band together and overcome the loss of one of their seniors.