top story

Oklahoma football: Joe Mixon allegedly threw parking ticket at attendant's face, according to police report

• 0
Joe Mixon

Running back Joe Mixon walks around the team bench after being carried off of the fields due to an injury at Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, Fla., Dec. 31, 2015. Mixon was suspended for Oklahoma's Nov. 3 game against the Iowa State Cyclones.

According to an OU Police Department report, Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon allegedly threw a torn-up parking citation at a university parking attendant's face, an incident that caused Mixon to be suspended for the Sooners' Nov. 3 game against Iowa State University.

The report says "A complaint reported a simple assault occurred when the suspect threw a torn up parking citation, which allegedly struck the victim in the face." The report also classifies the incident as disorderly conduct and says the case is still active.

OU Athletics said in a press release Nov. 1 that Mixon would be suspended for the game, which OU won 34-24. 

"I regret that I did not respond appropriately to parking attendants and understand and accept the consequences," Mixon said in the press release.

Mixon leads the Sooners in rushing yards this season with 813. He also has five rushing touchdowns and four receiving touchdowns. Running back Samaje Perine also missed Thursday's game due to a pulled muscle, so fullback Dimitri Flowers received the majority of carries in the game with 22.

The civil case between Mixon and Amelia Molitor, which will be heard in an Oklahoma district court, is also ongoing. Molitor is suing Mixon for striking her in the face in July 2014 at Pickleman's Gourmet Cafe in Norman. 

Video footage of the incident between Mixon and Molitor is sealed. The Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters is currently suing for public access to the video. Molitor previously filed to prevent the video from being released but withdrew her intervention to its release Oct. 19. 

Jesse Pound contributed to this report.

See the report in full here: