Search for David Boren's successor: Search committee invites OU community to participate in focus groups

• 1
OU Board of Regents

The Board of Regents met Oct. 1 at OU's Health Sciences Center to discuss the presidential search committee. 

The presidential search committee released a letter inviting campus and community stakeholders to participate in a series of focus groups concerning the next OU president. 

The focus groups will be held Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 and participants will meet with consultants from Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates, the firm assisting in the search, according to the letter. 

"The purpose of their visit is to gather information and comments regarding the required and preferred qualifications sought in the next President," the letter reads. "We cordially invite your participation in this milestone event and wish to emphasize that your input is needed in order for the search process to be successful." 

Participants will be asked to provide input on specific questions, such as what short-term and long-term challenges the next president might face and immediate initiatives the president needs to be aware of, among others, according to the letter. 

There will also be an online survey available to those who cannot attend the focus groups or want to provide additional comments, according to the letter. 

Schedules for different stakeholder groups to meet with the consultants will be released in the coming days, according to the letter. 

Read the full letter below: