OU professor finds racist posters in campus building

• 71
Flier

Fliers titled "Why White Women Shouldn't Date Black Men" and "Race and Intelligence: the Facts" were found on campus this morning. 

An OU professor posted on Twitter that she found fliers titled "Why White Women Shouldn't Date Black Men" and "Race and Intelligence: the Facts" in the Physical Sciences Center this morning.

The first flier contains such phrases as: "In the U.S., the average white IQ is about 100, the average black IQ is about 85, and the average East Asian IQ is about 105."

The second was also found in the Physical Sciences Center and says things like: "He's much more likely to abuse you," "He's much more likely to have STDs," and "You should probably just avoid black men." 

Identical posters were found on University of Michigan's campus in late September.

The Daily is attempting to contact Crowther, vice president for the university community Jabar Shumate and OU press secretary Corbin Wallace for more information about the fliers. We will update this post when that information becomes available.