Body found on OU campus at Cross Village, university says

OUPD Office

The OU Police Department's office in Cate Center on Oct. 7.

An OU student was found dead at Cross Village on Nov. 9, a university spokesperson told The Daily.

According to an emailed statement Nov. 9, the OU Police Department received an 8 a.m. call reporting a body found at the address. Upon arrival, OUPD determined that there was no threat to others and secured the area.

The medical examiner’s office will determine the official cause of death, according to the statement, and authorities are withholding the identity of the individual until next of kin is notified. The Nov. 9 statement did not say whether the body found had been identified as an OU student, but the spokesperson confirmed that it was a student in a Nov. 10 text message.

"The university is deeply saddened by this tragic loss of life," the statement said. "University counseling services are being made available to provide support for OU community members."

OU has resources for members of the university community seeking help in crisis, including the University Counseling Center at Goddard Health Center, which offers counseling appointments for $10. There are also resources available throughout the Norman community.

This story was updated Nov. 10 at 3:51 p.mto indicate that the person was identified as an OU student.

Blake Douglas contributed to this report.