Beloved Norman diner Ozzie's closes for renovations, set to reopen late October

• 0
Ozzie's Diner

Patrons eat in Ozzie's Diner Feb. 7, 2017. Ozzie's is located in the University of Oklahoma's Max Westheimer Airport.

Editor's Note: This story is an old report. The most up-to-date version of this story is available here. 

Update: This story was updated at 5:18 p.m. Oct. 6 to reflect an update from the diner staff.

Ozzie's Diner temporarily closed on Aug. 31 for renovations with plans to re-open Oct. 1

On Oct. 5, the diner announced through a mass text message that the restaurant is still under renovation and will re-open to the public later in October. 

Ozzies text

Ozzie's Diner plans to re-open to the public in late October.

A Norman diner announced its temporary closure on Aug. 31.

Ozzie's Diner will be closed until or around Oct. 1 for renovations, according to a sign posted outside the shop. 

Ozzie's sign

Ozzie's Diner sign lets customers know it is closed temporarily for renovations until around Oct. 1.

The diner opened in 1986 in the Max Westheimer Airport and is a local favorite known for its all-you-can-eat breakfast.

According to the sign, individuals can receive updates by texting "Ozzie" to 95577. 

The diner has not yet released a statement about the closure over its social media

Ozzie's Diner is regularly open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Saturday at 1700 Lexington Ave. in Norman.

This story is ongoing and will be updated as more information becomes available.

Culture editor

Abigail Hall is a journalism senior and culture editor at The Daily. She previously worked as the culture assistant editor, and arts & entertainment reporter.