Sooners in NFL: Preview of former OU players in pros

• 0
Mayfield

Quarterback de cuarto año Baker Mayfield lanza la pelota el 14 de Marzo.

As the NFL season kicks off on this week, here’s a look at 12 former Sooners who will be making an appearance on the field in the coming weeks.

Baker Mayfield, Cleveland

It isn’t a surprise that there’s a chance Mayfield will be seen this season. The 6’1, 215 lb quarterback, former Heisman winner, and 2018 first round draft pick will be ready to play behind starter Tyrod Taylor. Although he’s never played a regular season NFL game, he did have the chance to start during preseason.

Sam Bradford, Arizona

Before Mayfield, Bradford was also a Heisman trophy winner out of Oklahoma. The 6’4, 224 lb quarterback is on his 9th season, his first with the Cardinals. Last season, he averaged 8.9yds per game and 3 touchdowns.

Adrian Peterson, Washington 

Starting his 11th season in the NFL, the 6’1, 220 lb running back is spending his first season with Washington. Last season, Peterson had a total of 448 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns, as well as 66 receiving yards.

Samaje Perine, Washington

Perine will start his second NFL season with Washington as a running back. In 2017, he rushed a total of 603 yards and received 182. Perine is 5'11 and 233 lbs. He and Washington will start their regular season on Sunday against the Giants.

Trent Williams, Washington

Yet another Sooner on Washington, offensive tackle Trent Williams will start along side Peterson and Perine on Sunday. At 6'5, 320 lbs, Williams is looking to  continue to play as much as last season where he started 10 regular season games.

Lane Johnson, Philadelphia

Johnson is another offensive tackle out of Oklahoma. He has played for the Eagles all six seasons of his professional career and last season started 15 games. Johnson is a force to be reckoned with as he stands at 6'6, 317 lbs.

Sterling Shepard, New York

Sooner born and bred wide receiver Sterling Shepard will take the field in a Giants jersey on Sunday. Standing 5'10, 203 lbs, Shepard will start his third season, all with the Giants.

Joe Mixon, Cincinnati

As another newer player in the NFL, Mixon is starting his second pro season, both with the Bengals. The 6’1, 220 lbs running back averaged 3.5 rushing yards, 9.6 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns in the 2017 season.

Damien Williams, Kansas City

After four seasons with the Miami Dolphins, Williams will start his first season with the Chief's on Sunday against the Chargers. Williams is working to improve his stats from 2017 where he rushed 181 yards and had 155 receiving yards.

Jordan Evans, Cincinnati

As a second season linebacker for the Bengals, Evans stands at 6’3, 242lbs. In the 2017 regular season, he totaled 27 tackles asn 11 assists. Evans and the Bengals will start their regular season on Sunday against the Colts.

Gerald McCoy, Tampa Bay

McCoy is starting his ninth season in the NFL and with the Buccaneers as a defensive tackle. At 6’4, 300 lbs, he had a total of 33 tackles and 14 assists.

Dede Westbrook, Jacksonville

As wide receiver for the Jaguars, Westbrook totaled 339 receiving yards in the 2017 regular season. Standing 6’0, 178 lbs, Westbrook will start his second professional season, both with the Jaguars.