OU volleyball: Sooners fall 3-0 in home contest against Texas Tech

• 0
Paige Anderson and Megan Wilson

Redshirt senior middle blocker Paige Anderson and freshman middle blocker Megan Wilson during the game against Texas Tech on Oct. 15.

Oklahoma (9-10, 3-5 Big 12) lost to Texas Tech (13-8, 3-5 Big 12) 3-0 at home on Friday.

The Sooners started the first set trailing 12-10 to the Red Raiders. Redshirt senior outside hitter Savannah Davison helped carry the Sooners’ offensive load in the first set with four kills and a single dig. However, the Red Raiders finished set one with a 25-16 win, resulting in a 1-0 set lead.

Ultimately, Texas Tech outmatched Oklahoma 18-9 in total kills. Freshman outside hitter/middle blocker Megan Wilson struggled during the second set, being blocked two times and netting a -.153 hitting percentage. Her struggles, alongside the rest of the Sooners, led Texas Tech to dominate with a 25-17 set two win. The Red Raiders led Oklahoma 2-0 at the end of the match. 

Texas Tech started the third set in a dominating fashion, taking a swift 6-1 lead. Redshirt senior outside hitter Paige Anderson helped provide some life to the Sooners after two kills, but the Red Raiders quickly erased OU’s momentum with a 2-0 scoring run. Oklahoma could not find its offense at that point, losing the third set 25-16. 

Next, the Sooners will face Kansas at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 29 on the road.