OU football: Sooners making plays in week 2 of the NFL

• 0
Mark Andrews

Former OU football player Mark Andrews signs autographs before the spring game April 14.

Several Sooners took the field in the NFL again this weekend.

Here's how some of them did in Week 2 action:

On Thursday, Mark Andrews and the Ravens fell to the Bengals 23-34. The tight end had one touchdown, three receptions and averaged 5.7 receiving yards.

The Arizona Cardinals’ quarterback Sam Bradford had a tough week with a 0-34 loss to the Chargers. Bradford did pass for 90 yards and completed 17 out of 27 passing attempts. 

Houston Texans defensive back Aaron Colvin had two total tackles in the teams 17-20 loss against Tennessee.

Jordan Evans, linebacker for the Cincinnati Bengals, had six combined tackles, four total and two assists, in the team’s win over the Ravens. 

Yet another former Sooner playing for Baltimore, defensive back Tony Jefferson, lost this week but not before having six total tackles and three assists.

Gerald McCoy of Tampa Bay had three combined tackles in the Buccaneers win against the Philadelphia Eagles 27-21.

Joe Mixon helped lead his team to victory over the Ravens as the running back rushed 84 yards. 

Washington’s Adrian Peterson had 20 rushing yards and 30 receiving yards in the team’s 9-21 loss to the Colts on Sunday.

Wide receiver Kenny Stills had 17 receiving yards in the Dolphins 20-12 win over the New York Giants in week two of regular season play.

Tress Way, punter for Washington had five punts this week with a total of 182 yards. His longest punt of the game was 53 yards.

Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Dede Westbrook had an exceptional game, as he recorded 83 receiving yards. Of those 83 yards, 61 came from a single  touchdown catch that helped the Jaguars come out on top over the Patriots 31-20.