OU football: Former Sooners on field for first week of NFL regular season play

• 1
Adrian Peterson

Adrian Peterson at the spring game April 14, 2018.

Several former Sooners took the field this weekend for the first regular season games of the 2018 NFL season. Here's a look at how they performed.

Former Sooner tight end Mark Andrews had three receptions for 31 yards for the Ravens as they beat the Buffalo Bills 47-3.

Quarterback Sam Bradford and the Cardinals fell to Washington 24-6. Bradford passed for 153 yards, rushed for 7 yards and had one interception.

Aaron Colvin had two tackles and two assists in the Texans’ first game against the Patriots, losing 27-20. 

Linebacker Jordan Evans and the Bengals beat the Colts 34-23. Evans had three  tackles. 

Tony Jefferson had four combined tackles as a defensive end for the Ravens in their win against the Buffalo Bills. 

Gerald McCoy, defensive tackle for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, had three combined tackles, one total and two assists, as they beat the New Orleans Saints in their first regular season game 48-40.

Running back Joe Mixon rushed 95 yards and recorded 54 receiving yards. He also scored one rushing touchdown for the Bengals to aid in their win over the Colts. 

Washington’s running back Adrian Peterson rushed for 96 yards and recorded 70 receiving yards along with one rushing touchdown to help secure Washington's victory over Arizona.

Sterling Shepard, wide receiver for the New York Giants started off the season with 48 receiving yards. The Giants ended up falling to the Jaguars 20-15.

Dolphins wide receiver Kenny Stills had a strong start to the season with 106 receiving yards and two touchdowns, resulting in a 27-20 win over the Titans. 

Tress Way, punter for Washington, had four punts on Sunday night, with a total of 186 yards, averaging 46.5 yards per punt. 

Jacksonville Jaguars’ Dede Westbrook recorded 51 yards threw the air on had five receptions against the Giants on Sunday, finishing the game with a 20-15 win.