OU football: Curtis Bolton, others respond to Justice Hill Instagram trash talk

• 1
Curtis Bolton

Redshirt senior linebacker Curtis Bolton attempts to sack the quarterback in the game against Texas Tech Nov. 3.

Is it really Bedlam without some trash talk?

Oklahoma State running back Justice Hill did his fair share of trash talk Tuesday morning, posting a picture calling the Sooners "kids" and "little boys" with the caption "Another day in the office... #Bedlam."

Oklahoma has decided to do its talking on Saturday.

"He can do what he wants to do on Instagram, I'm going to line up on Saturday and play ball," redshirt senior linerbacker Curtis Bolton said. "At the end of the day, he's gotta come out and run the rock. He can say what he wants to, but he's got to come prove it Saturday."

At Tuesday media availability, players said the picture was sent around the locker room and most of them just shrugged it off. 

Sophomore corner Tre Brown went ahead and responded on his own Instagram.

"Justice is really good, don't take anything away from him, but it was just disrespect," Brown said. "I wanted to let him know, we're not worried about that. We're going to play our game, do what we gotta do."

"We'll do our talking on the field," sophomore safety Robert Barnes added. "He's a great running back, like I said, that's all I got to say. We'll do our talking on the field."

Oklahoma has dominated the Bedlam series as of late, winning the last three. The Sooners have also own the all-time record by a landslide, 87-18-7. 

But it's still a rivalry and the Sooners know they're going to get the Cowboys best shot on Saturday.

"They're gonna come out hot," Bolton said, "and we're gonna try and come out and punch them in the face."

George Stoia joined The Daily in the fall of 2016 as a sophomore and has covered the soccer team, both men's and women's basketball, as well as the football team for the past three years. He graduates in May 2020.