OU football: Baker Mayfield makes debut, Sooners in the NFL (week 3)

• 0
Baker Mayfield

Former OU quarterback and Heisman winner Baker Mayfield pumps up the crowd during the game against Army Sept. 22.

Baker Mayfield made his first NFL debut and 13 other former Sooners showed out for week three of NFL play.

Here's a look at how they did:

Baker Mayfield, Cleveland

When the Browns’ regular starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor got injured, Heisman Trophy winner and former Sooner Baker Mayfield finally stepped on the field for his first regular season NFL game. Coming in at the end of the first half, Mayfield made his debut by throwing for 201 yards and coming back from a 14-point deficit to win the game 21-17. After, Mayfield was officially named the Browns’ new starting quarterback.

Mark Andrews, Baltimore

Mark Andrews helped Baltimore clench a win against Denver, 27-14 this week. The rookie tight end had two receptions and 59 receiving yards in his third regular season game.

Aaron Colvin, Houston

With five total tackles and two assists, the Texans defensive back Aaron Colvin did what he could, but it eventually led to a third consecutive loss for Houston, 22-27 against the Giants.

Jordan Evans, Cincinnati

Bengals linebacker Jordan Evans finished the game with three combined tackles in Cincinnati’s 21-31 loss to the Carolina Panthers.

Tony Jefferson, Baltimore

Defensive back Tony Jefferson went for four total tackles and one assist in this week’s game as the Ravens won over the Broncos on Sunday.

Adrian Peterson, Washington

Adrian Peterson and Washington won over Green Bay this week 31-17 with Peterson rushing for 120 yards. The eleventh-year running back also had two rushing touchdowns on 19 attempts.

Jordan Phillips, Miami

The Miami Dolphins’ defensive tackle, Jordan Phillips, went for two total tackles on Sunday as the team won its third consecutive game 28-20 against the Raiders.

Sterling Shepard, New York

Sterling Shepard, wide receiver for the Giants, went for 80 receiving yards and one touchdown in the team’s win over Houston.

Kenny Stills, Miami

With 61 receiving yards and one touchdown, wide receiver Kenny Stills aided the Dolphins in their win over the Oakland Raiders.

Tress Way, Washington

Punter Tress Way exceeded his previous games punting 235 total yards. Out of his five punts, his longest went for 57 yards as the Redskins beat the Green Bay Packers.

Dede Westbrook, Jacksonville

Dede Westbrook and the Jaguars fell to Tennessee 6-9, with only 31 yards and three receptions.