OU baseball: Big 12 releases 2022 schedule; Sooners' 1st conference series set for March 25-27

• 0
Kendall Pettis

Redshirt freshman outfielder Kendall Pettis during the Big 12 Baseball Championship game against Oklahoma State on May 26.

The Big 12 released its conference schedule Thursday, including Oklahoma’s eight-series slate. 

The Sooners will open conference play with a home series against Baylor from March 25-27. Oklahoma won last season’s three-game series against the Bears in Waco, 2-1.

OU will play rival and reigning co-conference champion Texas in Norman from April 1-3. The Sooners played the Longhorns four times last season, including a season-ending loss in the Big 12 Tournament in Oklahoma City. Texas won the season series, 3-1. 

Bedlam rival Oklahoma State will face the Sooners in Stillwater from April 8-10. Oklahoma played the Cowboys six times last season, more than any other opponent. OU took the conference series, 2-1, but lost the season series, 4-2, including a loss in the opening game of the Big 12 Tournament. 

Other notable series include a three-game set with reigning co-conference champion TCU in Fort Worth, Texas from May 8-10. The Sooners were swept by the Horned Frogs in a three-game series in Norman last season. 

The Sooners will close out conference play with a road series against Texas Tech in Lubbock, Texas from May 19-21. OU played the Red Raiders four times last season, losing three out of four games.

The 2022 Big 12 Tournament will take place from May 25-29 at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas. Oklahoma finished fifth in the Big 12 last season with a 27-28 (11-13 Big 12) record. The Sooners recently defeated UT-Arlington 10-5 in a fall exhibition in Norman on Oct. 31.