Oklahoma City Thunder: Breaking down the Thunder trade acquisitions

• 0
Victor Oladipo

Victor Oladipo was traded to Oklahoma City on June 23, 2016. 

The Oklahoma City Thunder traded forward Serge Ibaka to the Orlando Magic Thursday Night. In return, the Thunder will receive guard Victor Oladipo, forward Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to power forward Domantas Sabonis, who was taken with the 11th pick on Thursday night.

Victor Oladipo, 24, will be starting his fourth year of the NBA this season. He spent his first two seasons at the Orlando Magic. Oladipo was drafted in the first round. He went to college at Indiana, where he averaged 10.7 points per game and 5.2 rebounds per game over three seasons.

During his three-year tenure at Orlando, Oladipo averaged 15.9 points per game and 4.4 rebounds per game.

Here's a couple highlight videos from Oladipo's 2016 season: 

Domantas Sabonis was drafted Thursday night by the Magic before being traded to the Thunder.

Sabonis, 20, is a Lithuanian basketball player who played two seasons at Gonzaga before declaring for the NBA draft.

During his two years at Gonzaga, Sabonis averaged 13.5 points per game and 9.4 rebounds per game.

His second season was his breakout, averaging 17.6 points per game and 11.8 rebounds per game. He lead his team into the post season march madness in both seasons, going to the Elite 8 in 2015 and Sweet 16 in 2016. 

He was named to the 35-man midseason watch list for the Naismith Trophy, included into the First-team All-WCC, and also received CoSIDA Academic All-American honors. He was also selected to the CBS College Basketball All-America Third-team, along with Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram, Jamal Murray and Yogi Ferrell. Sabonis also was one of the finalists in Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award.

Here's a breakdown of his strengths and weaknesses ahead of this year's draft.

Ersan Ilyasova will likely be traded again before the season starts. Ilyasova, 29, is an NBA veteran who has played seven NBA seasons and has averaged 10.6 points per game. 

Jordan Overton is a meteorology junior and student meteorologist at The Daily.