Search for David Boren's successor: OU Price College dean confirms nomination for university presidency

• 3
Dean Daniel Pullin

Daniel Pullin confirmed his candidacy for OU's presidency to The Daily on Feb. 9. Pullin released a March 26 statement on Twitter congratulating President-designate James Gallogly on his selection.

The dean of OU's Michael F. Price College of Business, Daniel Pullin, has applied to be the next president of the university.

In an email to The Daily on Feb. 9, Pullin said he was nominated and encouraged to apply for the position. 

"It is exciting to consider the Presidential search not only as the operational moment in which a new leader is chosen, but, rather, as an opportunity for all of us to dream about the future of the University and the impact it will make on future generations in Oklahoma and beyond," Pullin said in the email. 

Pullin said in the email he intends to participate in the process as "it has been outlined by the community." 

"I am not sure if the process will evolve as we get closer to the moment of decision, but I’m going to give it my all and hope other applicants do the same," Pullin said in the email. "Oklahoma deserves nothing less."

The Daily has reached out to several possible candidates, of which two have responded. Among those who responded was Oklahoma City University President Robert Henry, whose executive assistant told The Daily in an email that Henry was nominated but "declined to be considered." 

A spokesperson for the search committee to replace President David Boren said the committee will not be disclosing specifics of the search process, including names of potential candidates themselves. 

Members signed a confidentiality agreement preventing them from commenting on the details of the process, according to undergraduate representative Cameron Burleson. It is unclear if the committee asked applicants to sign a similar agreement.