President Gallogly announces new vice president of operations

• 0
James Gallogly (copy)

OU President James Gallogly speaks at the Rally to Stop Racism Jan. 22.

President James Gallogly has selected a new vice president of operations to be approved by the Board of Regents.

Gallogly selected Eric Conrad, former vice president of construction and facilities at Brigham Young University fill the position.

According to an OU Info statement, the vice president of operations will ensure the efficient and smooth operation of essential university functions and services, including Facilities Management, Landscape and Grounds Maintenance and Housing and Food Services, among others. The vice president of operations will also be a part of the executive leadership team directly reporting to the president.

According to the OU Info statement, Conrad has managed operating budgets as large as $840 million and real estate portfolios valued over $4 billion and has overseen organizations as large as 2,700 employees across 42 states.

Conrad’s expected start date is Feb. 25, 2019, pending approval by the OU Board of Regents at its next meeting Jan. 30, according to the statement.

Editor-in-Chief

Jordan Miller is a journalism and political science senior serving as The Daily's Editor-in-Chief. Previously she served as The Daily's news managing editor, news editor, assistant visual editor and was an SGA beat reporter.