OU law professor selected as Chickasaw Nation Native American Law Chair

• 0
Lindsay Robertson

OU College of Law professor Lindsay Robertson has been selected as the Chickasaw Nation Native American Law Chair. He teaches courses in Federal Indian Law, Comparative and International Indigenous Peoples Law, Constitutional Law and Legal History.

The OU College of Law has selected law professor Lindsay Robertson as the first Chickasaw Nation Native American Law Chair, according to a press release Wednesday.

Robertson joined OU in 1997 and teaches classes in Federal Indian Law, Comparative and International Indigenous Peoples Law, Constitutional Law and Legal History, according to the release.

“Dr. Robertson is a world-class scholar and teacher in the field of Native American Law,” said dean Joseph Harroz, Jr.  “His work inspires his students, colleagues, national and international scholars, and contributes to the overall prominence of the OU College of Law..."

According to the release, this chair is the first of its kind in the U.S. Robertson also becomes the first permanent faculty member at any law school in the country to hold the Native American Law Chair. 

Robertson was also given the first David L. Boren Award for Outstanding Global Engagement in 2014. His appointment will come before the OU Board of Regents in September, according to the release.