OU Housing Center Student Association expresses support for students in wake of racist video

• 2
Adams Tower

Outside of the Adams Center dorms Jan. 17, 2019.

The OU Housing Center Student Association published a press release in response to a racist video filmed by two OU students.

In the release issued by the executive board of HCSA, the organization condemned the racist video and encouraged students to “seek to build community and foster understanding in an inclusive and inviting environment.”

“HCSA would like to remind each and every member of the on-campus community that our doors are always open,” the release said. “Our primary goal is to make all students living on campus feel connected, safe and welcome.”

According to the release, the HCSA condemns behavior that isolates, discriminates or dehumanizes people.

The HCSA is continuing to work on creating “an inclusive community to welcome all students,” the release said. “We welcome the opportunity to work with other members of the university community to use our voice and help enact change on our campus."

Tags