OU Graduate Student Life hosting book fair to fundraise for Norman public schools

• 0
Scholastic Book Fair

Clay Wesley, director of graduate student life, Erika Warbinton first year counseling psychology Ph.D candidate and Jayme Mask, first year adult and higher education intercollegiate athlete admimistration masters run the Scholastic Book Fair on the third floor of Robertson Hall. The Book Fair will run from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. from Nov. 2 to Nov. 5.

OU Graduate Student Life is hosting a Scholastic Book Fair Nov. 2-5 to sell books to raise money for Norman public schools.

“This is kind of a fun event we have to bring some nostalgia to campus. A lot of people remember back in middle school when they would go to book fairs. It’s something to bring attention to literacy, and we use the proceeds to donate to a local school around Norman,” said Erika Warbinton, first-year counseling psychology Ph.D student.

There is a wide range of books from children’s books, like "Aqualicious" by Victoria Kaan, to young adult fiction novels like "Girl" and "Stolen" by April Henry, which follows a blind teenage girl as she is kidnapped and held hostage. There are books for adults, too, such as "Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime" by Ree Drummond.

The fair is in Robertson Hall room 311 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day until Friday. Graduate Student Life encourages everyone to treat themselves to the array of books for sale or treat someone else to it for the holiday season. 

Brianna Sims is a journalism freshman and news reporter at the Daily.