OU asks OUPD to file vandalism report after white nationalist group's posters found glued to campus buildings

• 29
Identity Evropa posters

A poster publicizing Identity Evropa hangs on a brick structure Oct. 17, outside of Dale Hall. Undergraduate Student Congressed passed a resolution Nov. 1 condemning the posters.

OU has asked the OU Police Department to file a vandalism report after posters were found glued to some campus buildings, according to an email from Kristen Partridge, the associate dean of students and associate vice president for student affairs. 

Gluing posters to the walls of university buildings is against university policy. Partridge said in her email that the university is working with OU Facilities Management to remove the adhesive from surfaces.

The posters publicize a group named Identity Evropa, which has been called white nationalist, and say phrases such as "Let's Become Great Again," "Serve Your People" and "Protect Your Heritage." The posters were reportedly found on Dale, Kaufman, Gittinger, Nielsen and Collings halls. 

On its website, the group describes itself as "a generation of awakened Europeans who have discovered that we are part of the great peoples, history, and civilization that flowed from the European continent." The website also says the group opposes "those who would defame our history and rich cultural heritage."

The group placed posters at more universities than just OU, including the University of Texas, Ohio State University, Georgia State University, the University of Washington and more. 

The posters' sightings have caused angry social media responses at OU. Read the reactions of people who saw the posters on campus below:

Partridge also said in her email that she asks anyone who comes across the residue to contact her so that the university may remove it.

The Daily will update this story as more information becomes available.