Alison Petrone, Kelly Lynn brace for Ward 3 runoff

• 0
Petrone

Alison Petrone will face off against Kelly Lynn to retain her seat on the Norman City Council, according to unofficial online results.

The Norman City Council Ward 3 incumbent Alison Petrone will face off against attorney and National Guard member Kelly Lynn in a runoff election April 6.  

As of 8:10 p.m. polls closed with Petrone securing 40.37 percent of the popular and Lynn securing 30.22 percent, according to unofficial online results from the Oklahoma State Election Board.

Petrone has lived in Norman for 20 years, serving as an attorney, small business owner and real estate agent while raising two children with her husband. She said she hopes to “combat” Ward 3 specific issues such as stormwater and “foster unity” throughout Norman in her second term.

Petrone said in a text message following election results that she appreciates Sam Talley for running a “clean, hard-fought campaign.” She said he conducted himself with “integrity” and she appreciates his “willingness to engage respectfully. 

Now, it is time to “turn our sights to April 6 for the runoff,” Petrone said in the message. 

“I look forward to continuing to discuss city issues and engaging voters with the local topics that impact their lives,” Petrone said in the message. “Together, our city will continue to open new doors of opportunity, health, and vitality for all of our residents.”

Lynn is a general practice lawyer for Pitts, Amend & Lynn Law Group LLC and National Guard member. He moved to Norman to attend Oklahoma City University Law School and he is currently raising three kids with his wife. 

Lynn said he hopes to “center the ship” and serve as a voice for conservative Normanites who feel like “they have had to keep their head down.” Lynn is “unashamedly endorsed by Unite Norman and the Norman Fraternal of the police” and is a fervent supporter of law enforcement.  

Lynn said in a text message following election results that he wants to thank his supporters and voters who “braved this awful winter weather to exercise their right to vote.” He said he is “thrilled to have made it to the runoff election” and “looks forward to earning your vote” as he continues to share his vision for Norman. 

“I want to thank Sam Talley and his supporters for stepping up to the plate and running a tremendous campaign,” Lynn said in the message. “I also congratulate Council member Petrone on making the runoff.  I want to say to her, although we have differences on policy, I appreciate her willingness to serve our community, and I look forward to giving the voters a choice between our two visions for Norman.”

Lynn said in the message that “almost 60 percent of voters in today’s election voted for change and to replace the incumbent.” He said he feels his campaign “has great momentum” and noted he was the “highest vote getter in actual, day of election voting.”

“I will continue to share my message of freedom, liberty, personal responsibility, economic prosperity, support of law enforcement, and educational opportunities for all children,” Lynn said in the text. “These are the issues we can all truly unite around.”

Results for Ward 1, Ward 2, Ward 5 and Ward 7 can be found linked.