University Theatre to add performance of 'A Christmas Carol' due to weather

• 0
A Christmas Carol1.jpg

OU students perform "A Christmas Carol" at Elsie C. Brackett Theatre Nov. 29.

There will be an additional performance of OU's School of Drama's "A Christmas Carol" Wednesday, Dec. 5, according to an email sent to The Daily.

According to an email sent around 11:30 a.m. Dec. 4 by Kaitlyn Souter, stage manager for the show, the new performance will be Wednesday evening due to fear of inclement weather Saturday.

"I just received confirmation that we will be adding a performance Wednesday evening in anticipation of possibly having to cancel Saturday's matinee," Souter said in the email. "Please note that we have not cancelled any performances due to inclement weather at this time — if we do, I'll send out an email letting you all know."

University Theatre shared a Facebook post updating information about the Dec. 5 performance at 12 p.m. on Tuesday. 

The show will be at 8 p.m. Dec. 5. According to a tweet from OU Fine Arts, those who have bought tickets for Dec. 7 and 8 performances may exchange their tickets for the Dec. 5 performance by calling the OU box office or by picking up their tickets at will call Wednesday for admittance.

Those with pre-purchased tickets for the Dec. 6 performance may exchange tickets for the Dec. 5 performance by calling the Fine Arts Box Office at 405-325-4101, according to the Facebook post.  

Tickets for the Dec. 6 performance will be general admission, and available for purchase at the door for $15.

Current show times for "A Christmas Carol" will be at 8 p.m. Dec. 6 and 7, and at 3 p.m. Dec. 8.

Update: This article was updated at 1:16 p.m. Dec. 4 to include more information about the Dec. 5 performance.