Saturday performance of 'A Christmas Carol' cancelled due to weather

• 0
A Christmas Carol

Performers onstage for the "A Christmas Carol" dress rehearsal Nov. 29.

The Saturday evening performance of University Theatre's "A Christmas" has been cancelled due to inclement weather, according to an email sent to The Daily.

A performance was added Dec. 4 for Dec. 5 in anticipation of Saturday's weather.

"Out of an abundance of caution and given this afternoon’s winter storm forecast, we are cancelling the Saturday performance of 'A Christmas Carol,'" said Kaitlyn Souter, stage manager for the production, in the email. "The latest information, below, indicates that we will keep the Friday performance since the model predicts we won’t see any rain until 9pm or later."

Those who hold tickets for the Saturday performance may exchange their tickets by calling the Fine Arts Box Office at (405) 325-4101, according to a press release sent Dec. 7.

Souter also said the Friday performance may be canceled if the weather does not follow the forecast.

The Friday performance, if not canceled, will be at 8 p.m. Dec. 7.

Update: This post was updated at 9:27 a.m. Dec. 7 with ticket exchange information.