Norman comic store to celebrate Local Comic Book Day, give exposure to local artists

• 0
Speeding Bullet Comic Store

Speeding Bullet comic book store Oct. 26.

Norman comic store Speeding Bullet Comics will participate in Local Comic Book Day to raise awareness for local artists Nov. 17.

Local Comic Book Day is a national event designed to celebrate comics and to support independent comic stores. Stores across the country sell unique comic art and bring artists in to the stores, according to the Local Comic Book Day website.

Dan Nash, store manager of Speeding Bullet Comics, said this is the fourth year the store has participated in the event.

Nash said several local comic artists will be at the event to discuss their work, including Jerry Bennett, Jeff Provine and Matthew Price. He said the event is an opportunity to support local comic shops and local artists.

“We are hoping to showcase local people and bring in people who might not normally come into our store and hopefully get a new fan out of it,” Nash said.

Nash said his favorite part of the event is seeing the store full of customers.

“I just enjoy seeing comic book fans come into the store and enjoying anything they get their hands on,” Nash said.

Speeding Bullet Comics will be open for Local Comic Book Day during normal shop hours from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The store is located at 614 N. Porter Ave.