Five Norman performances to help unplug from inauguration weekend

• 0
Othello's

Othello's Italian restaurant will be hosting a variety of musical acts this weekend. Kate Williams will perform tonight at 9 p.m. Rugged Grace will perform tomorrow at 9 p.m. 

With all of the inaugural activities happening this weekend, it'll be easy to keep busy. However, if you need to unplug from Washington, here are some things happening in and around Norman this weekend.

1. Othello’s Italian Restaurant is keeping everyone entertained with live music throughout the weekend. Katie Williams will be performing tonight. Williams is an acclaimed singer/songwriter with an Americana sound who is located in Norman. Rugged Grace will perform Jan. 21. Rugged Grace is a red dirt country duo that plays across the state. These two events will begin at 9 p.m. Othello's Italian Restaurant is located on 434 Buchanan Ave.
  2. The Resonator will be hosting “Alt Shift Dance 04” on January 20 beginning at 8 p.m. There will be DJ sets by Velveteen, Nowhere Sands and Laine. The space recently hosted “The Queen of Texas: Solo Exhibition," an exhibit by Eli Casiano. Admittance is $5. The Resonator is located at 1010 N. University Ave.
  3. All weekend the Individual Artists of Oklahoma will be holding a juried show with a reception from 6 to 9 p.m. OU students and professors are included in the lineup for the show. Read more about it here.
  4. Nathan Price will open his “A One Man Show” on Jan. 21 at The Depot. He is an artist and plays the drums in the rock group Broncho.  Price’s art is figurative and whimsical, focusing on animals and images of the Southwest. He will also be giving an art chat and demonstration on Jan. 22 from 2 to 4 p.m. All of these events are free and located at 200 S. Jones Ave.
  5. The Accademia Filarmonica will be performing the Music of Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach as part of the Sutton Concert Series, Jan. 22 at 3 p.m. in the Paul F. Sharp Concert Hall at the OU Catlett Music Center. Read more about that here.