Backstreet Boys are back with DNA world tour coming to Tulsa, Dallas

• 0
Backstreet Boys

The Backstreet Boys announced their new tour and will appear in Tulsa and Dallas in 2019.

"Backstreet’s back, all right," and they are taking the BOK Center stage in Tulsa during their first world tour in 18 years.

The DNA world tour comes with the release of the Backstreet Boys’ 10th studio album “DNA,” featuring songs written by Charli XCX, Andy Grammer and Stuart Crichton of DNCE.

The album, which is available on all streaming services, was announced after a video was released analyzing the band’s individual DNA profiles to see how their individual strengths came together to create the boy band.

“We were able to bring all of our influences and styles into one coherent piece of work,” band member Kevin Richardson said in a press release. “These songs are a great representation of who we are as individuals and who we are as a group. It's our DNA. We’re really proud of that.”

The band has had a permanent show in Las Vegas for the past 14 months. After performing to sold-out crowds and adding numerous shows, the band's show “Backstreet Boys: Larger Than Life” will close April 27.

“Vegas has been amazing and these next set of dates are going to be a party,” band member Howie Dorough said in a press release. “It’s time for us to visit our fans all over the world.”

The DNA world tour kicks off in Portugal on May 11, 2019, and ends on Sept. 15, 2019, in New Jersey. Tickets are on sale now. A physical copy of the album is included with every ticket purchase for a North American show.

"So quit playing games" and get a ticket to see the Backstreet Boys nearby in Tulsa on Wednesday, Aug. 28, or in Dallas on Sunday, Sept. 1.

Alma Cienski is a modern dance performance and public relations junior and a culture reporter for The Daily.