Norman Arts Council and local international school to host French immersion night

• 0
Norman Arts Council

The Mainsite Contemporary Art Gallery located at 122 E. Main St. 

Le Monde International School and the Norman Arts Council are teaming up for an event at the Mainsite Contemporary Art Gallery from 6-8 p.m. on Aug. 31.

The “French-themed silent auction” will introduce French artists from Clermont-Ferrand, France and their work to the Norman community and auction attendees according to the Facebook post. Guests will also be welcome to “light hors d'oeuvres and wine” according to the school’s Facebook page.

Money generated from the event will benefit the Le Monde International School, an immersion school planning to open in the fall of 2018, Jody Britt, the school's vice president, said.

“We are hoping to start next fall. We will start with Pre-K through fourth grade in French and Pre-K through 1st grade in Spanish and we hope to add a grade each year to eventually (have) Pre-K through 8th grade in French and Spanish,” Britt said.

As for the event, Britt said the Norman Arts Council was heavily involved in bringing it together,

“Our partnership is really just that (the Norman Arts Council) were very gracious to bring us on board as a partner and host a fundraiser in conjunction with this event. But really the entire program is put on by the Norman Arts Council,” Britt said.

The event will be free and open to the public, according to the school's Facebook page.