Women's College World Series: Sooners 6, Oklahoma State 1 (scoring summary)

• 0
Mendes

Junior utility Nicole Mendes celebrates after hitting a triple in the game against Alabama May 30.

Editor's note: The following is recap of the WCWS matchup followed by video highlights below.

OKLAHOMA CITY — The Sooners' bats created runs early and a series of late inning manufactured scoring gave way for more insurance runs on Friday night in Oklahoma's 6-1 victory over Oklahoma State in the Women’s College World Series. Oklahoma is one win away from clinching a spot in the WCWS Championship Finals.

The Sooners were able to work with Oklahoma State ace Samantha Show’s pitches early. Senior outfielder Falepolima Aviu started the top of the first inning with a one-out double and senior second baseman Caleigh Clifton got on base with a walk. Both seniors advanced on wild pitches, and sophomore outfielder Jocelyn Alo scored both runners with an RBI single. Senior Shay Knighten scored Alo on an RBI single to score the final run of the inning, and the Sooners were up 3-0.

Junior pitcher Giselle Juarez allowed a leadoff walk and an RBI single from Oklahoma State’s Michaela Richbourg to make the score 3-1 going into the top of the second. But the left-hander was able to play lights-out for the rest of the game, finishing with 11 strikeouts while only allowing four hits.

Junior right-hander Shannon Saile came in the seventh inning to relieve Juarez to get the final three outs, tallying two strikeouts.

In the top of the sixth inning, the Sooners were able to generate three insurance runs with two walks and a hit-by-pitch with the bases loaded to make the score 6-1 going into the bottom of the inning.

The Sooners will play at 2:30 p.m. CT on Sunday, June 2, against an opponent that will be revealed with Saturday's game 10 result.

Sophomore outfielder Jocelyn Alo gets walked in the top of the sixth inning to score senior third baseman Sydney Romero. OU 6, Oklahoma State 1

SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt | ESPN

Senior second baseman Caleigh Clifton gets hit by a pitch in the top of the sixth inning, and scores freshman SS Grace Lyons. OU 5, Oklahoma State 1

SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt | ESPN

Senior outfielder Falepolima Aviu walks with the bases loaded in the top of the sixth to score Nicole Mendes. OU 4, Oklahoma State 1

SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt | ESPN

Freshman SS Grace Lyons hits a double in the top of the sixth inning to advance senior Nicole Medes to third, who runs into OSU's Sydney Pennington to stay safe. OU 3, Oklahoma State 1

SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt | ESPN

Sophomore catcher Lynnsie Elam catches a baserunner trying to steal second for the third out of the bottom of the third. OU 3, Oklahoma State 0

Women's College World Series: Game 6 | ESPN

Oklahoma State’s Michaela Richbourg hits an RBI single to get a run for the Cowgirls. OU 3, Oklahoma State 1

Shay Knighten hits an RBI single to score Jocelyn Alo. OU 3, Oklahoma State 0

Sophomore outfielder Jocelyn Alo hits an RBI single to score seniors Falepolima Aviu and Caleigh Clifton. OU 2, Oklahoma State 0

This post will be updated throughout the duration of the game.