Women's College World Series: Sooners 3, Alabama 2 (scoring summary)

• 0
Sooners

Sooners celebrate a home run hit by sophomore catcher Lynnsie Elam in the game against Northwestern May 25.

Editor's note: The following is a game summary along with video highlights down below.

OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma overcame Alabama, 3-2, after Junior outfielder Nicole Mendes hit in the winning run with a two-out RBI triple to score senior Raegan Rogers in the bottom of the sixth inning.

The scoring started with senior third baseman Sydney Romero, who was able to single after hitting the ball in the perfect spot, avoiding two defenders in shallow right field. Senior infielder Caleigh Clifton was able to score Romero with a sacrifice fly to center field to tally the first run.

Romero went on to hit a leadoff triple in the bottom of the third inning, and would later be scored by sophomore Jocelyn Alo’s RBI single. It was 2-0 Sooners going into the fourth inning.

Junior pitcher Giselle Juarez pitched the entire game, tallying 9 strikeouts while allowing two runs while showing some discomfort against the Crimson Tide offense.

Juarez allowed a run in the top of the third inning after Alabama’s Claire Jenkins reached home from Bailey Hemphill’s RBI single that went over Clifton’s head in shallow right field. Juarez racked up two strikeouts in the third inning while leaving two runners on base.

Jenkins tied the game up for the Crimson Tide in the top of the fifth inning with a leadoff home run. More trouble ensued with a throwing error from Romero that advanced a runner on second, but Juarez left the half inning with two strikeouts.

Juarez stayed in the game anyway and kept her confidence. She ended the game with a strikeout, and the Sooners are onto Bedlam part two.

The Sooners will play at 8:30 p.m. CT on Friday, May 31, against Oklahoma State in the winner’s bracket.

Here's the scoring summary of the game.

Junior Nicole Mendes hits a two-out RBI triple to score pinch runner Raegan Rogers. OU 3, Alabama 2

NBA At The Mic | ESPN 2

Senior Sydney Romero makes a quick snag to end the top of the sixth inning, leaving a runner on second.

Women's College World Series: Game 4 | ESPN 2

Alabama’s Claire Jenkins hits a leadoff home run in the top of the fifth inning to tie the game. OU 2, Alabama 2

An RBI single from sophomore Jocelyn Alo scores senior Sydney Romero in the bottom of the third inning. OU 2, Alabama 1

Senior third baseman Sydney Romero hits a leadoff triple in the bottom of the third inning.

Alabama's Bailey Hemphill scores Claire Jenkins with an RBI single in the top of the third inning. OU 1, Alabama 1

Seniors Caleigh Clifton and Shay Knighten connect for the double play to end the top of the second inning.

Double play

A sacrifice fly from Caleigh Clifton scores Sydney Romero. OU 1, Alabama 0

This article will be updated throughout the duration of the game.