Women's College World Series: Sooners 0, Alabama 1 (scoring summary)

• 0
Romero

Senior infielder Sydney Romero runs to first in the game against Oklahoma State May 31.

The following is a recap of the match with highlights down below.

OKLAHOMA CITY — In a battle of two superstar pitchers, Alabama emerged with a 1-0 victory over Oklahoma in the Women's College World Series semifinals with a walk-off RBI single from Alabama's Caroline Hardy.

The Crimson Tide got a hit off on Oklahoma's Giselle Juarez in the first inning, but they failed to get another base hit in five innings. At the end of the day, Juarez only gave up four hits and struck out eight batters.

In the other dugout was Alabama's Montana Fouts. After giving up two triples to the Sooners on Thursday night, the SEC Freshman of the Year shut down Oklahoma — which led the nation in batting average in 2019. Fouts finished with just four hits allowed and five strikeouts.

The two teams will play for a third time in four days, and the winner will earn a place in the championship series against UCLA. The elimination game will be at approximately 7:35 p.m. CT Sunday.

Alabama's Caroline Hardy hits a walk-off RBI single to beat Oklahoma, 1-0.

Women's College World Series: Game 13 (if necessary) | ESPN 2

Oklahoma center fielder Nicole Mendes makes a diving catch to force extra innings. OU 0, Alabama 0

Oklahoma center fielder Nicole Mendes drops a catch right on the warning tracks resulting in an Alabama double in the bottom of the seventh inning. OU 0, Alabama 0

Oklahoma third baseman Sydney Romero catches a red hot line drive to end the sixth inning. OU 0, Alabama 0

Alabama third baseman Maddie Morgan makes a quick snag and and throws it back to first for a double play to end the top half of the sixth inning. OU 0, Alabama 0

Baseball Tonight: Sunday Night Countdown | ESPN

Senior second baseman Caleigh Clifton makes a running grab to prevent a Crimson Tide base hit in the bottom of the fourth inning. OU 0, Alabama 0

(null)

This article will be updated throughout the duration of the game.