Thunder general manager Sam Presti's family gives $600,000 to The Children's Hospital at OU Medicine

• 0
Sam Presti, Cameron Payne

Oklahoma City Thunder general manager Sam Presti, left, introduced the Thunder's 2015 first round draft pick Cameron Payne, right, inside the Devon Energy Center in Oklahoma City June 27.

Oklahoma City Thunder general manager Sam Presti and his family donated  $600,000 to The Children's Hospital at OU Medicine, per an announcement from OU Medicine.

The money will go towards renovating operating rooms and upgrading the technology of the Jimmy Everest Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders in Children and the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit at The Children’s Hospital.

“Sam has been an engaged supporter of our mission and efforts and approached us last fall to determine how he and Shannon could most effectively make a positive difference for our patients and their families,” said Jon Hayes, president of The Children’s Hospital, in the press release. “It became clear that Sam had a resolute sense of gratitude to the community and wanted to reciprocate in a way that would benefit all Oklahomans irrespective of location, socioeconomic status or any other barrier."

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.