OU softball: Sooners coaching staff named Regional Coaching Staff of the Year

• 0
Gasso

Head coach Patty Gasso coaches in the game against UCLA for the national championship June 3.

Oklahoma head coach Patty Gasso and her coaching staff were named the Central Region Coaching Staff of the Year, the National Fastpitch Coaches Association announced Tuesday.

Gasso led Oklahoma to the Women's College World Series for the fifth straight year, and the team ended as the national runner-up. The Sooners finished 57-6, including 18-0 in the Big 12 regular season. Along with that, Oklahoma reached 41-game win streak, the longest in a single season ever in the NCAA.

By winning this award, Oklahoma's coaching staff is eligible for the NFCA Division I National Coaching Staff of the year award, which will be announced on June 26.

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.