OU men's basketball: Trae Young, Luka Doncic unanimously named to NBA All-Rookie First Team

• 0
Trae Young

Former OU guard Trae Young plays for the Atlanta Hawks in their game against the OKC Thunder Nov. 30.

Former Sooners guard Trae Young and Dallas Maverick Luka Doncic were named unanimously to the NBA All-Rookie First Team, the league announced on Tuesday.

The Atlanta Hawks point guard finished his first season in the NBA averaging 19.1 points and 8.1 assists per game. Young scored a career-high 49 points against the Chicago Bulls back in March.

In his one year with Oklahoma, Young averaged 27.4 points 8.7 assists.

Doncic averaged 21.2 points and 6 assists to finish the season, and was originally the favorite to win NBA Rookie of the Year until the after the All-Star Game, where Young played the better half of his season.

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.