OU men's basketball: Sooners land No. 9 seed in NCAA Tournament, set to play Ole Miss

• 0
Rebound

Senior guard Christian James attempts the rebound in the game against Texas on Feb. 23.

The Sooners aren't done yet.

Oklahoma (19-13, 7-11 Big 12) has made the NCAA Tournament as the No. 9 seed, and is set to play Ole Miss in the first round in Columbia, South Carolina.

The selection comes right after the Sooners exited the Big 12 Tournament after a first-round loss against West Virginia. It's the Sooners' sixth NCAA Tournament berth in the last seven years.

Oklahoma's chances of finding a spot in the tournament were up in the air after suffering a five-game losing streak in the middle of Big 12 play. But a 12-1 out-of-conference record and a win against then-No. 13 Kansas (25-9, 12-6 Big 12) all but sealed the Sooners a tournament bid. The Sooners finished the regular season ranked No. 37 in the NET.

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.