OU men's basketball: Sooners guard Aaron Calixte cited for possession of drug paraphernalia

• 0
Calixte

Aaron Calixte via University of Maine athletic department. 

Oklahoma graduate transfer point guard Aaron Calixte was cited Saturday, Aug. 25, on accusations of possession of drug paraphernalia on Campus Corner. Calixte was cited at approximately 1:30 a.m. on W. Boyd Street on Asp Ave. 

When The Daily reached out to Oklahoma's athletic department for comment, a spokesperson said "We are aware of the matter and will respond to it internally."

This is Calixte's first season in Norman, after playing four years at Maine. The 5-foot-11 guard scored 1,125 points in 97 career games. He is expected to be Trae Young's replacement for the 2018-19 season. 

"I'm a grad transfer, so I only have one year and I want to make it count,” Calixte said in a story on SoonerSports.com. “My mindset going into this year is definitely to get to the tournament. Not just make it to the tournament, but make a deep run in the tournament. I haven't played in the tournament up to this point in my career, so that's the biggest challenge for me and I'm going to put that on my teammates as well."

Calixe's citation comes just two months before the Sooners' season. Oklahoma's first game will be Nov. 1 against Pittsburg State. 

This post was updated at 10:39 a.m. after Oklahoma issued the above statement. 

I joined The Daily in the fall of 2016 as a sophomore. I've covered the soccer team, both men's and women's basketball, as well as the football team for the past two years. I have been the sports editor since spring 2018.