OU men’s basketball: Matt Freeman enters name in NCAA transfer portal, report says

• 0
Freeman

Junior forward Matt Freeman holds up the three hand sign during a game against Kansas Mar. 5.

Junior forward Matt Freeman has entered his name in the transfer portal, a report says.

Freeman played in 32 games this season, where he averaged 11.1 minutes and 3.2 points per game. In his career, he has played in 84 games and made two starts. Freeman is originally from Auckland, New Zealand. 

Freeman's entering the portal comes right after a 63-51 loss to Virginia in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.