OU football: Where former Sooners are going in XFL Draft (live tracker)

• 0
Jeff Badet

Senior wide receiver Jeff Badet walks in the end zone before the game against West Virginia Nov. 25.

The XFL is here and multiple Sooners are being taken by the eight teams that make up the league.

Follow along with where former OU players end up:

QB Landry Jones, Dallas Renegades

Pick: Pre-draft Selection

About: The OU product is reunited with legendary former Sooner coach Bob Stoops in Dallas. Jones and Stoops combined for 40 wins from 2009-2012, a span in which Jones totaled 16,646 passing yards and 123 touchdown passes. Jones spent 2013-2017 as the backup quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he threw for 1,310 yards and 8 touchdowns in 19 games. 

WR Jeff Badet, Dallas Renegades

Pick: Skill Position Round, No. 4 overall

About: The wideout spent his senior season at OU after transferring out of Kentucky, catching 26 passes for 400 yards and three touchdowns. Badet signed with the Minnesota Vikings following the 2018 NFL Draft, but never touched the field with the purple and gold. He will look to become Landry Jones' top option in Bob Stoops' offense in the coming 2020 XFL season.

WR Jalen Saunders, Houston Roughnecks

Pick: Skill Position Round, No. 50 overall

About: Saunders racked up 1,558 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns in Norman from 2012-2013. He spent most of 2014 as a kick returner for the New Orleans Saints and also saw some time with the New York Jets.

RB Dimitri Flowers, Dallas Renegades

Pick: Skill Position Round, No. 77 overall

About: Flowers is the third former Sooner to join Bob Stoops in Dallas. The hulking 248 pound back had five receiving touchdowns and four rushing touchdowns at OU in 2017. Flowers spent 2018 with the Jacksonville Jaguars but did not appear in a game.

LB Emmanuel Beal, Tampa Bay Vipers

Pick: Defensive Front Seven Round, No. 48 overall

About: Beal garnered 167 total tackles, two forced fumbles, and one interception at OU from 2016-2017. The speedy linebacker was signed by the Seattle Seahawks in 2018 but did not make an in-game appearance for Pete Carroll's squad.

DE Frank Alexander, Dallas Renegades

Pick: Defensive Front Seven Round, No. 56 overall

About: Alexander tore through opposing offensive lines at OU from 2008-2011 on his way to 142 total tackles and 20.5 sacks. As a member of the Carolina Panthers from 2012-2014 Alexander posted 20 solo tackles in his brief NFL career. Now he heads to Dallas as the fourth former Sooner to join Bob Stoops' Renegades.

CB Demontre Hurst, Tampa Bay Vipers

Pick: Defensive Backfield Round, No. 24 overall

About: Hurst spent four years as a Sooner from 2009-2012, a span in which he had 178 total tackles. In his brief NFL career from 2014-2016 Hurst had two interceptions and three passes defended as a member of the Chicago Bears.

WR Ryan Broyles, Dallas Renegades

Pick: Open Phase Selection

About: Broyles is one of the greatest receivers to ever come through OU, with 4,586 yards and 45 touchdowns as a Sooner from 2008-2011. Broyles had stepped away from football following a 2012-2014 stint with Detroit Lions in which he had just 420 yards and two touchdowns. Now coming out of retirement, he will be the fifth Sooner to sign on with his former coach, Bob Stoops, for the coming XFL season. 

DT Du'Vonta Lampkin, DC Defenders

Pick: Open Phase Selection

About: Lampkin had 27 total tackles and one sack at OU from 2015-2017. The sturdy lineman signed with the Tennessee Titans in 2018, but never saw any game action with the team.