OU football: Lincoln Riley gives no time table on Ronnie Perkins, Rhamondre Stevenson, Trejan Bridges' suspensions

• 0
Ronnie Perkins

Sophomore defensive lineman Ronnie Perkins celebrates during the Big 12 Championship game against Baylor Dec. 7.

ATLANTA — Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley addressed the media Sunday morning, talking about everything from the Sooners’ 63-28 loss to LSU to OU’s three suspended players.

Riley told reporters that sophomore defensive end Ronnie Perkins, junior running back Rhamondre Stevenson and freshman wide receiver Trejan Bridges’ suspension lengths are “still up in the air right now.” When asked if that’s because of an appeals process, Riley said “the process is ongoing, yes.”

Perkins, Stevenson and Bridges’ absence was definitely felt Saturday, especially Perkins, who is OU’s best pass rusher. The Sooners' defense gave up eight total touchdowns to Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow.

With Riley’s vague comments Sunday, it remains unclear how long each player will be out for the 2020 season.

George Stoia joined The Daily in the fall of 2016 as a sophomore and has covered the soccer team, both men's and women's basketball, as well as the football team for the past three years. He graduates in May 2020.