OU football: Kyler Murray knows Arizona Cardinals’ offense ‘better than we do,’ Larry Fitzgerald says

• 0
Kyler Murray

Redshirt junior quarterback Kyler Murray celebrates after scoring a touchdown in the Orange Bowl game against Alabama on Dec. 29.

Kyler Murray is settling in rather quickly with his new team.

The Arizona Cardinals' rookie quarterback has impressed in his short time with the team since being the No. 1 overall pick the 2019 NFL Draft. Murray had already impressed head coach Kliff Kingsbury — who, before he was the Cardinals's head coach, said he'd take Murray first overall — when he was still in college. Now having spent around just two months with the team, Murray has impressed teammates, especially future Hall of Fame wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

"He knows the system better than we do," Fitzgerald said, via Mike Jurecki. “He can get us into any play at any time and then he has the ultimate weapon in the exit button.”

The Cardinals seemingly handed the Heisman Trophy winner the keys when he was drafted, so hearing that the former Sooner superstar is catching on quickly is great news for Cardinals fans.

Although, drafting Murray in the first place was already good news for Arizona. In his lone year as a starter in the backfield for Oklahoma, Murray accumulated 5,362 total yards of offense and 54 touchdowns, 1,001 yards and 12 touchdowns being on the ground.

The Cardinals kickoff the regular season on Sept. 8 against the Detroit Lions at home.