OU football: 'Bookie' Radley-Hiles tweets 'It's different when you love the coach you playin for'

• 0
Bookie Radley-Hiles

Freshman defensive back Bookie Radley-Hiles runs through the tunnel before the Red River Showdown in the Cotton Bowl Oct. 6.

Not even two days after it was announced that the Sooners’ defensive coordinator, Mike Stoops, had been dismissed, defensive back Brendan “Bookie” Radley-Hiles tweeted his new coach happy birthday, but had a few more things to say.

On Tuesday evening, Radley-Hiles tweeted that “It’s different when you love the coach you playin for,” and a happy birthday to the new defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeill.

Radley-Hiles has since deleted the tweet.

Previously the Sooners' assistant head coach, McNeill was announced as the interim defensive coordinator on Monday morning.

After Saturday’s loss to the Longhorn’s in the 113th Red River Showdown, Stoops had caught a lot of heat for his coaching, and he even named himself responsible.

On Sunday at around 8 p.m., it was announced that former defensive coach Mike Stoops was out of a job, something that coach Lincoln Riley said was "just more of a gut feeling that this was the appropriate response right now, that we more than anything needed a different voice in that room.”