OU football: Baker Mayfield to appear on 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin TV show

• 0
Baker Mayfield

Senior quarterback Baker Mayfield walks off the field after the Sooners fall to Georgia in the Rose Bowl Jan. 1.

And that's the bottom line.

Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield is scheduled to appear on retired WWE superstar "Stone Cold" Steve Austin on his new reality TV show "Straight Up Steve Austin," USA Network announced.

"Straight Up Steve Austin" is an interview show where Austin interviews celebrities while taking them to various locations in different parts of America.

"In this unique interview format, there’s no studio, no couch and no cue cards -- just a straight-up good time and some good old-fashioned American fun," the network said in an announcement. 

Austin's show is set to air on Aug. 12, with Mayfield's episode date having yet to be disclosed by USA Network.

From winning the Heisman Trophy and being the No. 1 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft to being one of the biggest personalities in pro football, Mayfield's interview should be interesting.

Other celebrities to appear on the show are Trace Adkins and Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.