OU football: Baker Mayfield leads Browns to playoffs, Sterling Shepard, Marquise Brown, Adrian Peterson rack up scores, Sooners in the NFL week 17

• 0
Baker Mayfield

Senior quarterback Baker Mayfield celebrates with the golden hat after winning the Red River Rivalry game Oct. 14.

Nineteen former Sooners took the field Sunday afternoon during Week 17 of the 2020 NFL season.

Here are some notable performances:

Baker Mayfield

The Cleveland Browns quarterback completed 17-of-27 passes for 196 yards and one touchdown. He also rushed six times for 44 yards.

Mayfield and the Browns beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, 24-22, to clinch their first playoff berth since 2002, and will play the Steelers again next weekend.

Sterling Shepard

The New York Giants wide receiver had eight catches for 112 yards and one touchdown. He also rushed two times for 24 yards and one touchdown.

Shepard’s big game led New York to a 23-19 win over the Dallas Cowboys, and they can make the playoffs if the Washington Football Team loses to the Eagles Sunday evening.

Marquise “Hollywood” Brown

The Baltimore Ravens wide receiver had five catches for 41 yards and two touchdowns for his first multi-touchdown game of the season.

Brown and the Ravens beat the Cincinnati Bengals, 38-3, to clinch a playoff spot, and will play the Tennessee Titans next weekend.

Adrian Peterson

The Detroit Lions running back had seven rushes for 63 yards and a touchdown to finish the year with seven scores.

Despite Peterson’s solid game, the Lions lost, 37-35, to the Minnesota Vikings.

Other Performances:

Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray completed eight of 11 passes for 87 yards along with two rushes for three yards while dealing with an ankle injury.

Bengals running back Samaje Perine had nine rushes for 51 yards.

Cowboys wide receiver CeeDee Lamb had five catches for 43 yards, one rush for three yards, and one punt return for two negative yards.

Ravens tight end Mark Andrews had four catches for 27 yards.

Broncos cornerback Parnell Motley had six total tackles, three solo and one pass deflection in his first career start.

Cowboys defensive tackle Neville Gallimore had four total tackles and one solo.

Chargers linebacker Kenneth Murray Jr. had three total tackles and one solo, giving him the new Chargers rookie record for tackles with 106 on the year.

Bengals linebacker Jordan Evans had three total tackles and one solo.

Ravens offensive guard Ben Powers helped hold the Bengals to zero sacks.

Rams linebacker Ogbonnia Okoronkwo had one solo tackle.

Cowboys safety Steven Parker had one solo tackle.

Bengals defensive end Amani Bledsoe had one tackle.

Bengals kicker Austin Seibert made his lone field goal attempt from 38 yards out.

Ravens offensive tackle Orlando Brown Jr. helped hold the Bengals to zero sacks.

Bills offensive guard Daryl Williams helped hold the Dolphins to one sack.

49ers offensive tackle Trent Williams helped hold the Seahawks to three sacks.