OU baseball: Sooners get swept by Texas Tech

• 0
Brady Lindsly

Junior catcher Brady Lindsly hits a two run homerun during the game against Texas Tech May 4.

The Sooners lost game three of their series against No. 10 Texas Tech Red, 8-4, and fell victim to the sweep. This is the first time this season the Sooners have been swept in a season series all year. 

Texas Tech starter Bryce Bonnin kept the Sooners hitters in check, as he pitched six innings while allowing two hits and no runs with three strikeouts. Opposing him was freshman Ben Abrams, who went only three innings and allowed seven hits while giving up four runs. Abrams finished with two strikeouts.

Texas Tech scored early as shortstop Josh Jung doubled in the first, scoring outfielder Gabe Holt to make it 1-0. The Red Raiders increased there lead to 5-0 with a three run fourth inning and never looked back.

For the Sooners, their bats didn’t come alive until the seventh inning. After junior Brandon Zaragoza singled to move sophomore Tyler Hardman into scoring position, junior Brady Harlan singled to score Hardman to give the Sooners their first run of the game. Oklahoma scored two more in the eighth and one run in the ninth.

The Sooners' record drops to 30-18, and are 8-10 in Big 12 play. The Red Raiders improve to 33-14 and are now 14-7 in Big 12 play.

Oklahoma takes on rival Oklahoma State this Friday, May 10, at 2 p.m. in Tulsa, Oklahoma.