OU Baseball: Brady Lindsly, Jason Ruffcorn, Levi Prater named to Preseason All-Big 12 Team

• 0
OU vs. UT-Arlington Baseball

Junior pitcher Levi Prater and senior catcher Brady Lindsly fist bump after the end of an inning Oct. 6, 2019.

Senior catcher Brady Lindsly, senior pitcher Jason Ruffcorn and junior pitcher Levi Prater were all named to the Preseason All-Big 12 Team, the conference announced Wednesday morning. 

Lindsly was solid behind the plate for the Sooners last season. He finished his junior season with a .291 batting average, 5 home runs and 34 runs batted in for the Sooners. He also finished with a .992 fielding percentage, totaling only 3 errors on the season.

Last season, Ruffcorn was 2-2 out of the bullpen for the Sooners with a 2.43 ERA. The Texas A&M transfer appeared in 30 games, logging 37 innings pitched. The right-hander tallied 11 saves and racked up 28 strikeouts in his junior season.

In 2019, left-hander Prater appeared in 16 games for the Sooners, starting 14 of those. He ended the year with a 7-4 record, a 3.26 ERA and 97 strikeouts in 80 innings of work. 

Lindsly, Ruffcorn and Prater look to build on last season’s success in 2020. The Sooners begin their season with a three game series against Virginia in Pensacola, Florida, on Feb. 14.