Oklahoma overwhelms Bakersfield in comeback victory - OUDaily.com: Sports

• June 3, 2015
  • Oklahoma overwhelms Bakersfield in comeback victory

Print
    Font Size:
    Default font size
    Larger font size

Posted: Saturday, April 5, 2014 5:09 pm

The script stayed the same for the Sooners in the second game of the weekend series as OU came from behind to rout Cal State Bakersfield 17-4.

OU (22-10) scattered 19 hits in the game as the offense came alive in the late innings.

Key Stat: 10 — The game was tied 4-4 after six innings before the Sooner lineup exploded for 10 runs in the bottom of the seventh inning. The OU order collected two homers and two triples in the frame to break the game open.

Key Player: Sheldon Neuse — The freshman third baseman had a career day. Neuse smashed a pair of home runs, scorched a triple and drove in eight runs. He even came on to pitch the ninth inning and recorded a strikeout.

What it means: The Sooners trailed by four runs early in the game but were able to come from behind for the second straight game. OU rallied to beat the Roadrunners late in Friday’s contest and did the same in this one.

What’s next for the Sooners: OU and Bakersfield will play the second game of Saturday’s doubleheader at 5:30 p.m. The Sooners will be vying for the series sweep in the third and final game of the weekend. 

Rules of Conduct

• 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
    • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
    • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
    • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
    • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
    • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Welcome to the discussion.

Follow us on Facebook