Oklahoma football: Winter weather expected before, during Bedlam

• 0
Bedlam

The Sooner defense and OSU offense line up during the December 6 against Oklahoma State at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. The Sooners were defeated in overtime 38-35.

Another arctic cold front will move through the state later this week, bringing cold temperatures and a possibility for precipitation.

Clouds will continue to increase Tuesday night, with drizzle possible Wednesday morning.

A strong system works into the area just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Right now, Thanksgiving looks wet with heavy rainfall possible. A cold front then moves through the state Thursday night into Friday.

The cold front will usher in cold air Friday and Saturday. Along will all the rain that comes along with the front, there will be possibility of wintry precipitation behind the front.

It appears right now that freezing rain and sleet will be possible in Northwestern Oklahoma starting late Thursday night. The possibility of a wintry mix then shifts to the south and east Friday before tapering off Saturday night.

A wintry mix is not out of the question during Bedlam, but the probability is rather low at this point. It all depends on just how far south the freezing line is. The biggest impacts could occur before the game, making travel hazardous.  

There is the possibility of ice accumulations that could reach the quarter inch range, but it still remains unclear just how much will accumulate.

Keep in mind this forecast is a very low confidence forecast. Small changes in the timing of the front and the location of the freezing line could make big differences in the precipitation types and amounts.

One thing that is for sure, very cold temperatures, possibly at the freezing mark, can be expected when the game kicks off at 7 p.m. on ABC.