NFL Draft 2019: Kyler Murray thanks Sooner Nation, shouts out Arizona Cardinals after being selected No. 1 in draft

• 0
Kyler Murray

Former OU quarterback Kyler Murray at OU's football Pro Day March 13.

Former Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray was selected first overall in the 2019 NFL Draft by the Arizona Cardinals. Before he takes his talents to Glendale, Arizona, Murray said a few words of thanks to Oklahoma fans.

After saying goodbye to Sooner Nation, Murray said hello to his new fans and teammates from the southwest.

Murray became the fifth player in Oklahoma history to be taken first overall, and the second one in the last two years. His 2018 campaign saw him lead the Sooners to a 12-2 record and a College Football Playoff appearance, over 5,00 total yards, 54 total touchdowns and a Heisman Trophy win. 

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.