NFL Draft 2019: Kyler Murray's signing bonus projected to be $23.5 million

• 0
Kyler Murray

Redshirt junior quarterback Kyler Murray celebrates after scoring a touchdown in the Orange Bowl game against Alabama Dec. 29.

Former Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray's signing bonus with the Arizona Cardinals is projected to be $23.5 million.

Murray's signing bonus with the Oakland Athletics in 2018 was $4.6 million, and the A's allowed Murray to play one season of college football. One season, a Heisman Trophy and a NCAA College Football Playoff appearance later, Murray decided to declare for the NFL Draft.

On April 25, the Arizona Cardinals chose Murray as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.